Learn how to set conditions in a form.
Before we get started
- You can only create conditions if you are an "owner" or "admin" of the organization.
- You can only create conditions via the web portal.
- You can add a single rule or a group of rules to a condition
- Conditions can be created across questions and sections
- Conditions can be created on any field type
- Questions or Sections that are set with conditions will be hidden once the form is published and will only appear when the conditionality applies.
Step 1: Sign in to the Capptions Direct web portal
Sign in to your Capptions Direct account using the link
Step 2: Select an organization
Click on the drop-down arrow in the top left-hand corner and select the organization.
Step 3: Click on Templates
Step 4: Create a form or edit an existing one
Create your form from scratch or click the 'Edit' button to edit an existing one.
Step 5: Add a conditional rule to questions or sections
5.1 Navigate to the question or section you would like to create a condition for and select it. Click on the "Add condition" button. Click the 'add rule' button and select the affected question.
5.2 Choose operator
Depending on the field type your question is set it, you will have various options presented in the 'operator' menu.
Step 6: Save conditionality
Once completed, Click save to return to the form builder.
Step 7: Preview and test the conditions
On the top right corner of the form builder, Click the preview button to experience/ test how the conditions will apply once the form is being used.
Step 8: Publish your form and add it to a workflow
Once you've built your form to completion. Click Publish on the top right corner of the form builder and add it to a workflow. To learn how to assign a workflow, view this article.
And that's how easy it is!
We hope this article is helpful in adding conditions in a form. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for choosing Capptions Direct as your EHS Management Software. We look forward to helping you make your workplace safer and more efficient!