Using the KPI label feature allows you to group your workflow data and associate it with particular labels that can be objects, assets, hazards, near misses or any other items.
Before we get started
- You can only create KPI labels if you are an "owner" or "admin" of the organization.
- You can only create KPI labels via the web portal.
- KPI labels will also be visible in your "Open Task" card
- KPI labels are created within the workflow builder and, therefore, attributed to the entire workflow
- At the moment, there is a maximum of two KPIs per workflow that can be displayed on your dashboard. We will be expanding this in the near future.
- You must already have KPIs built into your form template.
Create KPI labels
Step 1: Sign in to the Capptions Direct web portal
Sign in to your Capptions Direct account using the link
Step 2: Select an organization
Click on the drop-down arrow in the top right-hand corner and select your organization.
Step 3: Build a Form with KPIs or select a form with KPIs
To build KPI labels to be displayed in your dashboard, the form template that you use in the workflow must have KPIs built into it, as the labels generated onto your dashboard derive from it
Step 4: Select a Workflow or create a new one
Click on Templates -> Workflows-> + Create workflow. Build your workflow to include at least a single form.
Step 5: Create KPI label
Click the following icon on the far right of the workflow builder. Select "KPI labels".
- KPI name = Name attributed to the item that is being measured or evaluated e.g.: KPI measuring the Risk
- KPI label = Attributed to the various answers arising from the item. It provides an overview of how often an item is chosen from a selection of possible answers. You can create as many labels as you want.
Step 6: Define KPI labels
Use the drop-down list to select the KPI you would like to be presented on the dashboard. Remember that you have a limitation of two KPIs per workflow. Regardless of how many forms with KPIs are present in the workflow.
- 6.1: Define the KPI label name: The labels that you define in this step can be attributed to the list of possible answers that were defined in your form
- 6.2: Add color match string: If you have a single select or multiple choice question connected to the KPI. This allows you to define the possible answers that can be selected by the user and color code them for further distinction.
- 6.3: Add color match/ range: Mainly used If you have a numerical KPI connected, for example, a score. This allows you to define the minimum/ maximum value, and a color will be assigned to the end score according to the range determined.
Step 7: Update and save the KPI
Click the Update button on the bottom right-hand corner to save.
Step 8: Publish workflow
Click the publish button on the top right corner of the workflow builder to save.
Step 9: Assign workflow to your Team.
Select the following icon next to the published workflow and click " Assign to Team "
Step 10: Perform the workflow to generate the data
Step 11: View the labels on your Dashboard
Click on the Results tab along the horizontal menu bar. Select your dashboard and click on "Workflow Results"
Step 12: Filter according to the results you would like to display
Click on the Filter icon on the right-hand corner of the Workflow Results. Filter according to the options presented.
Step 13: View labels on Open Tasks
In a workflow that consists of multiple forms in a sequence, the KPI labels will be visible in the next task.
And that's how easy it is!
We hope this article helps create KPI labels. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for choosing Capptions Direct as your EHS Management Software. We look forward to helping you make your workplace safer and more efficient!